Sunday, January 30, 2011

Girl's Day Out

For Christmas Grandma Reese (Ryan's grandma) gave the girls a certificate for a day of fun! I took them last Saturday to get manicures and pedicures. My sisters-in-law had told us about this fun salon that had pink butterfly chairs just for little girls.

So that's where we ended up! The girls loved it! And they even picked out the same paint colors for their fingers and their toes. I thought that was pretty impressive since they weren't sitting next to each other and there were plenty of colors to choose from! After the salon, we went to Subway for lunch where they were allowed to get a kids meal (which is pretty much unheard of for us. I usually make them split something in the name of thrift:)


And then on to Target for a mini shopping spree. I took them to the clothes first since I really did not want any more toys in the house. They picked out several outfits to try on and then we had the horrible task of trying to narrow them down! Finally the outfit was picked. And we went past the toy aisle. And then we stopped. And then they picked out toys. And we had to put the outfits back because we didn't have enough money for both.....sad. But it was their day! After that we headed out for ice cream and then in the car to go home. We had a great time and I loved our "girls only" outing. It's actually the only one we've had. I think a new tradition is in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment