Thursday, February 3, 2011

What to Expect When Expecting.......

Because I am pregnant.....

1. I have been having a hard time breathing through my nose at night. It makes it hard to sleep when your drowning in your own bed. However it isn't too bad yet. By the time I hit 8 months I'll be stuffy all night long versus just around 3:00 am. I am hoping for some heavy duty nasal spray!


2. I am left gasping for air by the time I make the climb up my stairs. It makes me feel like I'm working out all day instead of just in the morning.


3. I want to eat gaucomole chips for every meal. And sour cherry balls. Yum!


4. I have a huge zit on the bridge of my nose that could be confused for a third eye if one didn't look close enough.


5. I usually get the "pregnancy mask"........I can still see the one I got with Kyson. It never went away completely and I am just waiting for the summer time when it will really darken! So pretty....


6. I have had a little bit of insomnia if I wake up in the middle of the night.....which is every night. Due to the aforementioned stuffiness and other reasons. Aka children.


7. Even though I can't sleep well in the middle of the night, I find I have no problem falling asleep on the couch at 8:30 ;) Might be contributing to insomnia.


8. I can finally tolerate eating pasta again.....sort of. At least it doesn't make me feel as rotten as it did the first 13 weeks. But the shampoo I was using during that time gives me instant flashbacks to nausea. I'll never be able to use it again.



9. There are certain maternity shirts that have started to fit. Not maternity pants yet.


10. I've gained 7 pounds so far. I don't remember if that's typical for my pregnancies or not. I do know by the time I hit my third trimester I'm putting on weight three times faster. Yikes!

11. I'm still running. But I don't go as far or as fast.



12. I've had 2 different doctors tell me I won't feel the baby move until at least 16-18 weeks. I say I can feel it at around 14 weeks.

13. When I went to my last doctor's appointment (16 weeks), you could totally see the baby moving. By belly button was a circus. Lexi happened to be there and thought it was awesome! Too bad the doctor wasn't there. I don't think I'd have any trouble pointing out these were not the first movements felt!

14. Every week I read the description of what is going on with the baby as it grows. Lexi and Kendri love hearing about the growth of the baby.

15. My ultrasound appoinment is scheduled for February 28. Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. is this the last time all of this will be happening??

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohh. fun post. let's see... i also don't have any trouble falling asleep at 8:30. but i aint got no pregnancy or kids to blame it on. that must mean i'm a grandma. ha ha ha.

    i want to eat guac and chips for every meal too. let's do it.

    i could forgo the sour cherry balls.

    glad you can eat pasta again. that would be so sad if not.

    hope you are great!

    ReplyDelete