Saturday, January 29, 2011

Kyson Turns 2!

Kyson is entering (or should I say, has entered) the terrible 2's! He's actually been pretty "rotten" for the last 6 months ;) Perhaps rotten is a little strong.......he loves to be ornery but I'm sure if you asked him, he would say he's just playing! Here he is kicking off his birthday morning by licking the beater to his cake. And I am happy to report he no longer turns his head away from the camera.........he gives this smile instead!
Opening presents........with a little unsolicited help.
The birthday cake......he is in love with Buzz Lightyear. I figured this is as close to "to infinity and beyond" as we could get!
And the best moment for Kyson, blowing out the candles! We did it twice...... in honor of turning two!


Some of the things Kyson is doing right now. He is talking like crazy and it seems every time I turn around he's got another word he's using. He tried telling me something the other day using a word I'd never heard before. I hadn't been playing with him so I had no reference point. He said it twice with me vaguely responding with, "Oh, good. Is that right?" He looked at me like I was insane and said it again. I tried to guess. He frowned. I tried again. He grunted and shook his head. By the third time he stomped his foot at me and made a very disturbing noise, gave me a very disgusted look and ran off to play. I wish I knew what he was telling me!

1. He still loves to jump.

2. He can ride his razor scooter like nobody's business and has started doing "tricks'.

3. He loves his "sissy's". At night when I hear him getting out of bed, it is not unusual for me to find him sneaking into his sister's room because he wants to sleep with them.

4. He's very opinionated.
5. He loves baths and has recently been taking 2-3 a day on certain days. Not because I want him to but because I found that it is easier to take the 15 minutes and let him take one than put his clothes back on 20 times. Did I mention he can take them off by himself?

6. He's still a picky eater.

7. He loves his Buzz Lightyear pajamas and is often fighting to keep them on all day.
He flew home from Colorado in them.

8. He loves Pillow Pets. He is very affectionate and loves to give hugs and kisses. He feels that it is appropriate to hug his little friends/cousins even if they don't want it!

9. He's a flirt.

10. He's been a huge Mama's boy ever since we told him there was a new baby on the way. Talk about perceptive!

Overall, Kyson has been such fun little man in our family. Everyone loves him to death and he knows it!

1 comment:

  1. such a cutie pie! i have something for him! well...i will once i make it. an no, he doesn't have to WEAR it. that should make him happy ;)

    ReplyDelete