Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Hairy Situation

Shayli has become aware of her growing hair.  And she loves it.  As you can see.  She has never had a "real" haircut.  (Those of you faithful followers will recall the unfortunate incident of gum, Kendri, and my little babe's newborn hair.  I suppose that would qualify as a first haircut. But we aren't going to count it.) 
But really, somehow her hair has grown in with side bangs and trendy layers.  (Please don't shatter my naive mother illusions if you disagree.) Yes, there was the MacGyver stage.  And the mullet stage.  Or perhaps they were the same stage.  And this picture has a little Fabio flair to it. But overall, when it's dry and not slicked back, it looks pretty decent.  Compared to what my other kids hair have done at this age, that is.  So I have yet to feel the need to do anything with it.  And as you can see, she's pleased as punch.  


Now on to Kyson.  As you can see, he is NOT pleased as punch.  He came to me very disturbed the other day.  (See his face? Disturbed.)  He had just been in the bathroom for a little while checking himself out in the mirror apparently. (Now this comment leaves the door wide open for any of you who know his daddy.  I will take the high road and refuse to state who I believe Kyson is taking after in this respect of self admiration.  The rest of you are left to your own guilty consciences for "jumping" to conclusions....) Now back to the story. Kyson came to me after being in the bathoom, very concerned.  He asked me if I had ever noticed his "baldness."  Ahem.

 "Your baldness?" I asked. "I don't see any baldness."

His answer, "YES! I just SAW it in the mirror!"

Well, obviously we weren't on the same page, he and I. So I asked him to show me what exactly he had seen.  This was the problem.  Go ahead and take a look.


His BALDNESS. Right there in front of me and I had never even mentioned it to him.  How dare I?  He thinks his scalp is baldness. It's sort of cute.

I still haven't figured out if he wants to be bald or if he's terrified of it.  He was obsessed with our neighbor Frank, who was bald.  He had many a conversation over our fence line with Frank about his bald head and mustache.  That's the other thing Kyson can't stop thinking about.  When his mustache is going to grow.  (Not as long as you keep up that shaving routine, boy. He, he, he!)  I'm sure in time all of this will get worked out.  Until then I'll just have to assure Kyson that being bald is in!

No comments:

Post a Comment