Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Night Time Ninja

She looks cute and sweet.  But don't let that fool you. Because in the dark of the night, she becomes the "Night Time Ninja."


Why, you ask? Because in the dead of the night, she sneaks out of her room and soundlessly (okay, maybe not so soundlessly) makes her way to my bedroom.  Where she proceeds to karate-chop her way over my weary body and roll into the middle of the bed.  If you think it ends there you would be naive.  Because at this point she will shove me over onto my side so as to better use her "wax-on, wax-off" skills.  In my hair.  Both little hands twirling and dancing through my hair while she lulls herself back to sleep.  Now is when I mistakenly drift off to dreamland instead of staying on guard.

 Because the Night Time Ninja does not sleep.

While I'm ignorantly sleeping, Shayli is now flailing in bed.  Karate kicking her blankets off and doing aerial helicopter moves in the center of my bed.  Now most of this movement gently jogs me to the edge of consciousness.  Which is good because at about this time, the karate kicks are coming dangerously close to causing serious injury......such as a nose bleed.  (Okay, maybe not "serious" injury but you get the gist.).

 I'll tell you about one time I was  playing peek-a-boo with sleep. Shayli was already comfy-cozy in my bed.  I instinctively jerked my head to the side just as her little foot arced out and slammed into the side of my head.  Better than the nose. Which is where it would've landed had I not moved.

 Now at this point you may be wondering why I don't always take her back to her own bed the second I hear her little ninja footsteps.  And the answer is.....I have gotten very lazy.  I don't want to leave my bed unless there is no other choice. Back to dreamland.

I think I may have gotten an hour or two of sleep before the next attack.  And then I was jolted awake to little hands in my hair again.  Nothing to worry about there.  Until she twirled my hair so tightly around her little fingers and then chose to jerk her hands back.  I heard the RIIIPP more than I felt it.  I decided to wave the white flag.  I shoved her over towards her daddy and I crept to the edge of my side.

And in the morning I checked out my new bangs.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to see the bangs...and Pippa was really impressed with Shayli's outfit.

    ReplyDelete