Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Happy 5th Birthday Kyson!

Kyson woke up on his big day to being wrapped up in his room with balloons bouncing everywhere! We wrapped the whole doorway up while he was sleeping.  It seemed like a fun idea at the time.  But since it was a last minute decision, we had to use our left-over angel wrapping paper.  So that's what Kyson woke up to.  Christmas angels blowing their trumpets wrapping paper.  Which may have led to some confusion as to what exactly was going on.  But I decided that because he couldn't read, and I wanted a picture of the doorway, we should put the birthday wishes on the outside of the door.  (That way at least the girls would understand what was going on.) 


Anyway, I slept lousy the whole night worrying that Kyson would get up in the middle of the night and walk smack into the wall of wrapping paper which would then lead to confusion and panic and in the end wake the whole house with his terrified screams.  None of that happened by the way.

What did happen was I heard him at 6:00 am giving the paper a  little "tap, tap". And then I heard his actual door slam shut and the lights flick on.  And then a few more "taps". At this point I decided I'd better check on him and see if he had any idea what was happening.  He had no clue what any of it was for.  He couldn't figure out how the balloons got in his room and the wrapped door made no sense.  But he was a good sport about it and played along.  Eventually I told him he could pull the wrapping paper down and that it was supposed to be like unwrapping a giant present to start his day off.  He was more than happy to get rid of that irritating paper!



Lexi and Kendri surprised him by bringing up breakfast for him!  It seems like that's their little forte, doesn't it?


We met the family at Menchie's for frozen yogurt and presents later that night.


The owners were nice enough to bring out a little treat for Kyson with a candle on it.  We had a great time partying with the family and Kyson was certainly eating it up!


On Saturday Kyson invited a few of the neighborhood boys over for a little friend party.  The girls helped him plan the party and took care of  pretty much everything including the invitations, the games, the magic show and the general entertainment. You don't hear me complaining, do you?  Kyson was set on having a "bomb" cake.  Don't ask me.  I don't know.  And the bomb cake sort of "bombed" if you know what I mean.  All I can say was, I was given strict instructions as to what it had to be and I followed them to a "T".  Even down to the licorice fuse.  I have to be honest here.  I was looking back through my pictures and was trying to figure out why I had a picture of a chocolate dipped apple.  The End.


Moving on.  The girls did a fantastic job putting on a magic show. The audience was left stumped and delighted.


And the boys were all easy to please and they couldn't care less what the cake looked like.....they all came back for seconds!  And that cake was rich.  I couldn't finish one piece much less two!


Happy birthday Kyson!

He also insisted on one candle that "never goes out" and the number "5" candle.  As long as we are all happy, happy, happy.


At 5 Kyson is still our active little dare-devil.  He loves to push the limits but is the sweetest little boy around.  He showers people with love and can't get enough kisses and hugs from his sisters and mommy.  He also is quite debonair and while there is music playing will come find me or one of his sisters, strike a "princely" pose and say, "May I have this dance?"  But don't let that fool you.  He loves to wrestle and has taught Shayli the finer tips of body slamming. He has a fun personality and brings an excitement with him wherever we are!  We love Kyson!

No comments:

Post a Comment