Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas in Camelot

Ryan's dad has been calling Angel's Camp "Camelot" since they first started staying up there (before they owned a house there).  So here is our Christmas stay in "Camelot"!  Everyone was up at Gammi's house by 1:00 and we started our festivities.  First on the list - presents!


Kyson loved Grandma Reese's present to him.....a new bike!


And in case you're wondering, he also loves his new muscle shirt. And he's been working out so he can show off his muscles.  He flexes often to check and make sure they are hardening up.  Although the first time he gave his biceps a little squeeze, he proclaimed them "a little squishy."  He was not deterred.  He gave a few more squeezes until made contact with some that were "weely hard."  His elbow.  I didn't have the heart to tell him the difference between muscle and bone.  I just told him he must be super strong.

And Gammi did her Christmas shopping at the American Girl Doll store.  Shayli and her baby now have matching jammies!  Actually, all the girls have pajamas that match their dolls pajama's.  It's really quite cute.

New books!  Kendri loves to read so this was perfect for her.  She has 140 AR points for reading in school.  She's leading her class with points.  I'm pretty sure the 2nd place person has 50.  What can I say, she takes after her mother!


Kaitlyn and Kyson were Ipad buddies during our little vacation.  It's so fun to have cousins that like each other!


Kyson also requested this shaving set for Christmas.  Is it just me, does he seem eager to grow up??  At any rate I don't think I've seen anything cuter than when I sneak in and catch him "shaving".  He was doing it all by himself where no one would seem him.  In fact, I didn't even know he had used it until he told me he'd been "shaving".  I asked him where (meaning location) and he told me his tummy.  Evidently his tummy is hairier than his chin.


 And here is Gammi's new nursery.  This has been talked about for years and it's finally here!  It was the attic before and now it's a Peter Pan nursery. (Don't mind the mess.  Or the sleeping form in the background.)  We love it.


And on a side note, while presents and parties are fun during Christmas, I tried really hard to get our little family to think of why we had Christmas.  One of the things we did through the month of December was try to think of things we could do for others.  We called this our "presents for Jesus".  I sent an alarm on my phone for every night at 6:00 so we could talk about what we did for the day and what we had done for others.  And while it was mostly small little things, it was a great reminder of what Christmas is all about. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment