Monday, July 26, 2010

Back to School

Lexi started first grade today. I know I can't believe it either. She was pretty excited about it. I say give her another year (two at tops) and the excitement will turn into dread! Our summer definitely flew by. Fortunately we only have to go to school for 3 days before we get to go on our summer vacation! And the answer is no, the school is not happy about it nor do they advocate summer vacation the first week of school. However, family weddings trump first grade. Anway here are some pictures of Lexi's first day back to school. Notice the curls? Special request.



Here is Lexi's desk. you'll notice Kendri in the background hanging out. She is a little lost without Lexi but I must say the fighting was nonexistent today! Very nice.


And here is the tradional "love note" I put in Lexi's lunch. (Don't judge me.....I've never had good handwriting. And p.s. writing on a napkin makes it even trickier. ) We started our little tradition last year. Lexi is sure to mention it anytime I skip putting one in. Wonder when she'll tell me it's too embarrassing......





1 comment:

  1. Kendri looks so forlorn in the background....much like Brooklyn will be when I inform her there will be no Preschool for her this year!

    ReplyDelete