Sunday, July 11, 2010

4th Recap

We were totally prepared for the Fourth of July. Not a finger went unnoticed. These are Lexi's nails. She actually painted them herself. She did the left hand and then requested that I do the EXACT same thing on her right hand. And let me tell you she did not go easy on me. When she says exact, she means exact! There were also patriotic toenails to go with the ensemble but unfortunately we didn't get a snapshot. I painted Kendri's for her and those girls were ready for the 3 day weekend of parties!
We started the weekend off at a ward breakfast/swim party. Then on Sunday we went down to Tracy for the newest Reese baby. Our little nephew, Jackson, was blessed on the 4th of July. We spent the night in Tracy and then woke up for another family affair. Rachel was baptized on Monday. It was big weekend for the Reese family! We wore our red, white, and blue for 3 days straight! Talk about Reese heaven. We love the 4th. It ranks up there near Christmas for us. (P.S. I use "us" loosely because I have been accused of having no patriotism whatsoever by my husband. I'm working on it. See the fingernails?) So back to the 3 day weekend....It was a good thing because Gammi got all the little girls big patriotic bows to wear in their hair. They were really cute. But.....I forgot my camera so I have no actual proof that we there. Or that we were so patriotic. Just the fingernails. Oh well. I'll remember next year!

2 comments:

  1. i have a picture of your cute family....i need to post it for you! it was great seeing you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello - look at your blog... totally patriotic!

    i was accused of not being patriotic enough when i refused to pay to get a license plate that was some version of "love july 4"

    ReplyDelete