Thursday, July 15, 2010

Born in the USA

I just wanted to set the record straight. (Mainly for my husband. Hee hee!) You may have read my 4th Recap post. You know, where I mention the unfair accusations of my political alignment. And might I add, false. So here is the proof, baby. Patriotic from day one!

This picture is of me and Amber gearing up for the parade during Lamar Days. (Notice I said Lamar Days. Not Fourth of July or Memorial Day. No red, white, and blue required. Yet there it is!)

We rode in the parade with the other decorated bikes and were positive we would place in the top 3 in the judging contest. (I mean look at us. Wouldn't you vote for me? I would.) Unfortunately, we didn't understand that parades go slow so everyone can see you. We got very impatient because everyone was going so sloooooow. We took it upon ourselves to ride as fast as we could. We gloried in the fact that we were passing decorated horses, fancy cars, and the twirling girls. And when we reached the end we were confused as to how we didn't get judged with the other bikes! Ahhhh, well. So there you have it. No blue ribbons but we still had fun!

2 comments:

  1. hey heather. love the outfits! go your message. email me you info and i'll upload the pictures. here's my emal. lorahatch@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather I never doubted you! Go red, white and blue!

    ReplyDelete