Sunday, July 11, 2010

Invaders

The first summer we moved into our house, we had a major ant problem. Any crumb dropped would promptly be attacked. I was constantly spraying my kitchen in hopes of getting rid of my unwelcome tenants. It seemed like every time we woke up there would be an army marching through my kitchen or a line forming on my patio. Grrrrr....

We went to Colorado for a week at the end of July. While we were gone they really made themselves comfortable. By the time we got home there was an actual anthill sitting in the middle my linoleum. Really. An anthill. Sand and everything. I was not about to let that happen. I declared war. I had Ryan deal with it immediately while I got out my death spray.

I like to think that was the turning point in our little battles. I broke their spirits and they just couldn't bounce back. I had a few small problems here and there but I was convinced that I had showed them who was boss. Over the last few years our ant problem has become less and less. In fact I haven't even really noticed them this year. Until a few days ago that is. Here is a picture of the side of my house. (Yes, I know. It's crooked. I was barefoot and not in the mood to walk through them for a decent shot. But you get the idea. Those little black dots? Ants.) Need a close-up?

Covering the entire concrete. They've come back. Seeking revenge, perhaps? Feeling the need for a little retribution? Using the last few years to organize their armies to prepare for the ultimate invasion? Ha! They didn't last more than a few minutes. Good-bye my nemesis of 5 years ago.....and p.s., don't mess with me.


3 comments:

  1. Bug Killer!! How could you? There's room for everyone if we just learn how to share......

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate ants. period. they are ridiculously irritating. i got an ant spray at home depot that kills them instantly. i love it!! good luck!! i hope they don't ever come back!!

    ReplyDelete