Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Pinch of This and a Dash of That

Here are a few things that have been goin' on around here.....

1. Lexi's pinkie toenails are weird. Alway have been. They sort of peak in the middle where it should be flat. And then they break off easily. The whole thing has fallen off numerous times. So anyway, Lexi was asking me why her toenail was so screwy and I told her, "That's just the way you were made." She looked at me with a resigned face and said, "Wow. Heavenly Father really messed that one up." Hmmm.

2. Kendri has started to quote movies and usually she has no idea what those quotes mean. Yesterday I heard her say, "Lexi, you should be more 'a-lexible'." This is from The Incredibles. It should be "flexible".

3. I love Kyson's hugs. When I put him to bed he clings to me just like a little monkey. I love being his whole world. (I'm sure his daddy and sisters are in there somewhere too! Wink, wink)

4. The night before Kendri turned 4, I tucked her in bed and said, "Goodnight my little Kendri. This is the last night I'll have a 3 year old in my house. Tomorrow there'll only be a 4 year old!"
She very wisely replied, "Don't be sad mommy. We all have to grow up. We just can't stop it."

5. I made pavlova the other day and ate it all by myself. So I made it again the very next day. For everyone to enjoy.
(For those you who aren't into Australian desserts you are missing out! Light and sugary topped with strawberries and whipped cream....YUM!)

6. Lexi came home from school looking for some pavlova. There wasn't any left. Again. This was the conversation.
Lexi: "Mommy where's the pavlova?"

Me: "It's all gone, sweetie."

Lexi (in an accusing voice): "Who ate it all?"

Me (thinking fast): "Wellll....when we all have a little there's just not much left."

Lexi: "But I only had it one time. And so did Kendri."

Me: I had nothing to say to that. Didn't even try. Busted.

Lexi: "I know who ate it. YOU. You always sneak it at night when we're in bed!"

Me (guilty as charged, obviously): "You're right. I can't help it. It's just so good."

Lexi (starting to laugh now because she caught me red-handed) "Next time I get some more."

Me: "Okay." (But I crossed my fingers. He, he, he! JK. I am trying to cut back. An addiction I tell ya!)

1 comment:

  1. So hilarious! I was laughing so hard I made Chad listen while I read it all again out loud. And if I read it a 3rd time I'd still be laughing. Your kids are too smart.

    ReplyDelete