Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter Weekend

We had a great Easter up in Angels Camp last week......here are a few pictures of all the happenings! We spent the night on Saturday so we could wake up with all the cousins on Easter morning. Kyson, Lexi and Kendri found their baskets hiding in different places......Kyson really wasn't sure what was going on. But he did discover rather quickly that if he could get the plastic eggs open there would be something yummy inside!



A child after my own heart.....(sigh).......and no, I didn't let him eat all 4 peeps right then and there! In fact, I may have eaten 3 of them but I simply can't remember......

Hunting for eggs.



Grandma Reese helping Kendri decorate Easter cookies. Gammi (Ryan's mom) had all sorts of cute and crafty goodies ready for the kids on Easter morning. This was just one of the projects.


Gammi helping Lexi and Anna with their masterpieces. Carson seems to be enjoying himself too! (I'm guessing there's frosting on that spoon.)



I tried to get a decent family picture since I went to the trouble of actually color-coordinating everyone..... but I had to be satisfied with these two. And you are probably wondering where the picture of the whole family is? Or maybe you want to see the picture of Kyson's cheeks bulging with mandarin slices? Or of Kendri smiling at the ground? Or Lexi getting up and running into the house with tears coursing down her cheeks? Or the picture of Kyson looking wonderingly at the fistful of hair in his hand? Do you get the picture? Kyson was a wreck and would not cooperate. I can't say I blamed him, though, since it was past his naptime and lunchtime. Poor kid was living off jelly beans and peeps all morning! So I started to bribe him with little slices of mandarin during our family picture. It worked for two snapshots and then he yanked the aforementioned (is that even a word???) handful of hair which started a whole new meltdown. Needless to say, the family pictures did not turn out as well as I had hoped! Oh, well.

And here is proof that Kyson loves jellybeans. (As if we needed proof!) Notice his Easter basket is empty? He found one egg midway through the hunt and then spent the rest of the time trying to open it. Once he got it open he pretty much stayed in one spot and shoved jellybeans in his mouth. I was just glad there weren't any more eggs lying around after he finished off his first one! Happy Easter!







No comments:

Post a Comment