Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Baby Turned One!

That's right, folks. Kyson is a big one-year-old. And if you ask Kendri, he grew overnight and she was shocked to see how big he was when she woke up on his birthday morning! (his b-day was actually on Friday, the 29th. I, however, am a couple days behind.) Lexi was a little more disappointed and said he "didn't look any different." She was expecting a major overnight growth spurt as well. Ah, such is life.
(Just so you know, that is not a booger on Kyson's nose.....he's had a few mishaps recently.)

So what can the little guy do? Just about everything! He's been walking for about 2 1/2 months and now tries to outrun me when it's time to get him dressed. He goes up and down the stairs like a pro and has been for about 4 months. He has been getting up only once a night....for the last week. Let's hope it holds! He can crawl up the slide outside and he can also crawl on top of the girl's dresser. (It's not a very tall one. He uses their little pink chair to give him an extra boost.)
And here is a run down on some things he loves.

He loves Craisins and goldfish. They're my go-to snack when I'm trying to get lunch or dinner ready. He loves crayons. I mean L-O-V-E-S them. To the point where he has to be taken out of church because he's screaming for the ones his sisters are using. He has colored on certain things (meaning my floor, door, window and who knows what else I haven't seen?) so I do have to keep on eye on him when he's carrying one around. He loves to throw things from the loft balcony. So far he's broken 3 Christmas ornaments and my small hand mirror. We've had a number of close calls with other things and of course there's the millions of non-breakable things that have taken a heave-ho. By far his favorite toy is his big bouncy ball. He loves to throw it and then chase after it as it bounces away. He loves to take his daddy's hat off and put it on his own head. He loves his binky. He loves giggling with his sisters and he loves playing in their jewelry boxes. He thinks it's hilarious to put his sippy cup on his head and he waits for his sisters to laugh at him. He loves giving hugs. He loves playing peek-a-boo and chase. He loves to scream. In fact, we've been working on this for the last 2 weeks and I do believe we've made some headway. I haven't heard as many screams coming from his little mouth. Whew! Obviously there's more but that's good for now!


Some things he doesn't love.

Hates meat. I can't get him to eat any of it. He hates being ignored. He does not like to be locked out of the bathroom. He hates it when Lexi and Kendri shut their bedroom door and don't let him in to play. He doesn't like it when I take the kitchen broom away from him. Or the toilet bowl cleaner. He hates it when I am on the computer....or phone......or reading a book. (He likes my undivided attention :) He hates it when I don't let him crawl into the shower with his sisters. He hates it when I ruin his fun by taking away the library books. (The library prefers the books be returned with all the pages intact. Go figure.) He hates getting in the car when Lexi and Kendri aren't in there with him. He does not like it when he sees his sisters in the backyard and he doesn't get to go out too. And he hates it when we barricade the TV so he can't get to it and push the power button.

Anyway, these are just a few things that are part of our little man's life. We love having him in our family and I personally must say he has stolen my heart! I love being his mommy. He has such beautiful little personality and is so easy going. Like I whisper to him at bedtime, I love him a million times a bazillion!

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't your new camera make it so much more fun to take pictures?! By the way, too bad about the scab....

    ReplyDelete
  2. see, i told you he would steal your heart.

    ReplyDelete