Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Clean-up

It is finished. Finito. Terminado. DONE! I'm talking about my house cleaning, of course. But not just any ol' house cleaning. We're talking house cleaning that rivals the meanest spring cleaning done by the biggest neat freak you know. Yeah. Like that.


Wanna know what I did?? I'll just give you a sample because I could seriously be here all night if I decided to write EVERYTHING. So here goes. Bathrooms are clean and shiny. Floors have been mopped and vaccuumed. Tops of cabinets and cupboards are wiped and dusted. Ready to get a little crazier?

Window treatments and hardware? Clean. Couches? Vaccuumed and fluffed. And behind my couches? Cobwebs and dust bunnies gone. Do you know what you'd find in my garage? A place your neat-freak grandma would want to move into. And if you ask about my attic, there would be no secrets. Nothin' to hide here people. My house is seriously clean. Oh, and my light fixtures and chandeliers did not get ignored either. Abnormal? Sure. Crazy? Maybe a little. Obsessive complusive? Probably. But breathe in.....ahhhhh, refreshing. Definitely worth it.

So, what started this obsessive compulsive behaviour? Taking all of the Christmas decorations down. (By the way, we had a great Christmas. Hate to see the holidays end, but such is life.) Now, back to the madness. Every year Christmas clean-up usually results in a cleaning frenzy but we took this one to all new heights. I just had things I had been putting off for too long. And I love starting the New Year in an extra clean house. Anyhoo, that's what I've been up to for the last two days. That's right....two days. You'd think I was crazy. Maybe I am. And now you're going to hate me and my craziness because you're going to walk around your house and start seeing all these little nooks and crannies that have so far gone unnoticed. Until now! So sorry! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, look at you and your ultra-clean for a day house...what d'ya do? Lock your kids away so all messes came to a halt? Or did you stick a rag in one hand and a feather duster in the other and let them have at it? And is that the reason you haven't been answering your phone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, to all counts. And PS, don't hate me because I'm clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome to come visit me and clean whenever you please!!! =) ENjoy your nice clean house!!!

    ReplyDelete