Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Grandpa Sim

Last month I flew out to Colorado for a quick weekend for my Grandpa Sim's funeral.
My flight was for 6:30 in the morning and is over an hour away.  It was an early morning but I thought I had left plenty of time to get checked in.  Until I realized that the only people in the entire airport were standing in the exact same line that I had to stand in.  It was rather horrible actually.  In fact, they were calling my name over the intercom as I was booking it to my gate.  But I made it and so did my bag!
 
 
This is the day before my grandpa passed away.  He was asking for my grandma.  I thought that was sweet.
 
 
My grandpa was the youngest in his family.  This is his oldest sister Francis talking with my dad.  She turned 98 just a few weeks ago. 
 


 Gramps lived a full life and certainly gave all of us grandkids "Hall Pride"!  Some of my favorite memories of him are: 

state basketball
boxing with his gloves
getting "skeeter" pinches with his broken thumb
the phrase "Let me tell you something..."
granada produce
skip and turn and out the door
laying on the floor to watch tv
peanut brittle
vinegar
his laugh "Hee hee" with the last "hee" going up an octave

There are lots of memories but these are some of the best!  We'll miss you Gramps!




We also had some late nights at the bowling alley.  My brother, Phil, just became owner so we had to break it into the family! This is my dad and his oldest brother, Sim Arthur, reliving their childhood.....


 Meanwhile, the rest of us were setting family bowling records!  Not.  I must say my aim and skills are slowly deteriorating.  Hopefully with the new addition I can work on getting my skills back.  And by that I mean breaking 100. ;)  Here are some of the family that made the trip.....my cousins, sister, and sister-in-law.  It was fun getting together with everyone even though the occasion was sad. 

Lindsay, Amber, Heather, Kellie, Jessica
 
And my sweet family missed me!  They had a surprise waiting for me when I got home! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment