Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Shayli

I was going through my pictures and realized I have a ton of pictures of Shayli.  Probably because this age is just so cute!  And the older girls get busy and aren't at home as much as they used to be.....anway, Shayli loves to swing!  She was cracking me up while she was throwing her head back and swinging.  She certainly is fearless.
 

We started potty training.   And then stopped.  She is also stubborn.  She did great the first day.  I think she peed 3 times on the toilet.  The next day she decided she wasn't up for all that work.  She refused to sit on the toilet without kicking and screaming.  Refused.  In fact the only way I got her to stay on the toilet was if I held her there.  And then she'd scoot her little rear to the side so if she did go pee-pee she'd go all over the floor and seat.  Did I mention she's stubborn? I gave it 2 more days and then left for Colorado.  I decided I'd start back up after we move.  Or after her surgery.  We'll see.  The good news is, she has started sitting on the toilet again by herself.  Obviously if I tell her to go sit on the toilet, the answer is NO!



Shayli also likes to be neked! Sometimes I succomb to peer pressure and let her run around without her clothes on.  But usually she's not happy until her diaper is off and then she decides  "why not take a bath?" For like the 4th time in the day.  It's easier to keep her clothed and busy!  Although she would definitely benefit from several baths a day.....


She is the mascot at Kyson's t-ball games.  She insists on sitting in the dugout no matter how hard I try to keep her out.  Luckily Kyson's coach dotes on him and by default likes Shayli too.  These coaches are pretty laid-back.  And as you can see in the picture, they let Shayli run the roost over there in the dugout!

And when she does finally get in the tub, there must be every roll-on soap that we own accompanying her.....scrub-a-dub-dub!

Her hair is finally long enough for pig-tails.  Heaven forbid we actually do her hair.  She gets rid of any hair tie, clip, headband within 30 seconds.  Sigh.  One day she'll look at her mullet hair and wonder why her mother allowed it.  And I'll say because you made me. We love Shayli and all her personalities!


No comments:

Post a Comment