Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Softball

Softball is officially over!  The girls really improved and are starting to smack that ball......nice!
We had their last game yesterday where they got medals and cute little cupcakes.


Lexi playing catcher


Kendri ready to boot it


The girls are batting as lefties to really improve their chances of making it as professional ball players.  ;)  Our biggest problem this year was the fact that the coach couldn't pitch to them anywhere near the strike zone.  And the other problem was the fact that I consistently missed the important parts of the game.  And when I say important I mean the only parts that I went to watch - my kids.  Typically I'd watch like a hawk for one of the girls to get to bat.  And then Shayli (who was running around like an orphan) would decide to run past her imaginary boundary and not look back.  So I'd run after her knowing at any minute Lexi or Kendri would be up to bat.  And that would be the time they decided to hit the first pitch.  Just as my back is turned.  So I'd get back to the bleachers in time to see them get to first base.  Or maybe Kyson would be at the top of the 20 foot fence he had just climbed and I'd be yelling at him to get down just as Lexi makes a double play. That kind of important.  But don't worry I'm pretty sure I saw every strike out. :) Oh well.  There's always next year!

1 comment:

  1. i'm there with ya! i often had people say "anna made a really nice catch did't she!?"

    or

    did you see anna scored a run!?

    sigh

    maybe that's why i find it all so torturous, i spend the entire time chasing jackson (who discovered the portapotties this year. so fun.

    ReplyDelete