Monday, April 8, 2013

Happy Real Easter!

And here's our actual Easter Day!  I decided I'd continue the "tradition" of making the kids Easter clothes because it is the only way I can get them to match without breaking the bank.  I scored big time with the fabric and paid under $20 for all the Easter clothes, matching skirts for the dolls (I know.  Roll your eyes at me), and an ironing board cover to match my sewing table (roll your eyes again.  I can take it.)  And I still have fabric left! 
 

At any rate, I had fun and Lexi decided her daddy needed to match also. :)  She made the bow tie by herself and was anxious for Ryan to model it.  Unfortunately (of should I say, fortunately?) she didn't finish it in time for Easter.  Ryan had to give a talk in church on Easter Sunday.  I couldn't wait for the big Easter Bunny to speak to us! He, he, he.  Sigh.  If only it had worked out that way.  Oh well, there's always next year!


The kids woke up bright and early on Easter.  (We let Shay sleep in.  We've learned our lesson when we wake her up.  It ain't pretty people.)  In fact, Kendri told us she woke up at 3:00 in the morning and crept downstairs to "check things out."  She then told us she had seen the Easter bunny!  Huh?  But it gets better.  She had also stroked his soft fur and even touched his little nose.  What?  I was seriously confused.  I started thinking that maybe she had a really vivd dream.  I mean, we had just watched "Rise of the Guardians" right before bed.  And if she has dreams anything like her mother, I can assure you it would've been good!  But then she started to describe the couch.  Exactly like I had left it the night before.  I was trying to put all these pieces together while we all ran downstairs to see what the Easter bunny had brought.  That's when I saw it.  Kyson's pillow pet sitting on the couch where it didn't belong.  And then Kendri's memories of her magical night shattered.  The Easter bunny wasn't Easter-y at all.  But a pillow instead.  Sigh.  Poor Kendri.  Don't worry, she got over it fast.

 
Apparently, we didn't take very many pictures of the Easter basket hunt because this was the only one I had of Shayli.  And as you can see it's nothing to brag about!  We had a great Easter and had friends over for Easter dinner where I proceeded to make enough scalloped potatoes to last the entire week.  Probably because my husband peeled a 20 lb bag of potatoes.  The. Whole. Thing.  That's right people.  Ryan's not afraid of a potato peeler.   Happy Easter!

1 comment: