Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Sorrows

I have just witnessed one of the worst crimes committed in the history of Easter. It happened in the first grade classroom. I call it the "Massacre of Peeps." Here is the picture.





Massacre? you say. Yes. Notice how they are starting to dry up and wrinkle which in turn will render them completely inedible? I believe "massacre" is only fitting.


When Lexi was describing the project to me I had to stop her and clarify exactly what was going on.


"Wait. When you say "peeps" are you talking about the Marshmallow-Bite-From-Heaven that we enjoy every holiday season?"


Okay, maybe I didn't say that exactly. But that's what I was thinking.

She assured me that's what she was talking about. So then I had to clarify again.


"Ummm. Did you say you "glued" them on? With actual glue........as in not edible glue?"


(The answer was Yes. As in there is no way to enjoy this little treat while my children are busy sleeping. Gasp! I nearly had a heart attack.)


I'm still recuperating. This post is part of my recovery process.

Okay, now confession time. I have totally cut back on my Peeps intake this year. Not because I am pregnant and that would be the healthy thing to do. But because I am on a Peep strike. That's right people. S-t-r-i-k-e. They have raised their prices and downsized their product. I know. How could they? So I have only had a few (boxes ;) this year. But it seems to be backfiring. Unfortunately, my lack of business has not yet motivated anyone to add more peeps to the box. I'm not sure they've even noticed that they've lost my business. I mean, how could you not notice when your #1 consumer goes on strike? Irresponsible. And here we are with Easter in sight. Sigh.

They probably don't need me because they have first grade classrooms keeping them in business. Arrrrrg.

1 comment:

  1. I must say I haven't had to buy many boxes this year - Auntie June and Gramps are keeping me stocked up. And Brooklyn and Jace don't even like them. They must have got it from Darren.

    ReplyDelete