Friday, October 1, 2010

My Fairy Tale Life

I have a garden. I usually only plant things in the spring but this year I decided to try my hand at broccoli. Tis a fall vegetable. So I planted my little broccoli sprig in my garden the other day with thoughts of self-sufficiency and "grower of life" entitlements racing through my mind. As I planted, Kyson followed me around, mimicking my movements. My little gardner in the making. He helped prepare the soil. He helped dig the hole. He helped pat the earth. He reached over and gave me a loving pat on the back.........errrrrchhhhh. (That means we've come to a screeching halt:)


I was too busy to notice something important. Kyson and his charming little smile. The charming little smile that turned into a wicked little grin.

Kyson was not patting me "'lovingly". Nor was he patting me "encouragingly." He had reached over, pulled my shirt up and shoved a little grubby hand into the waist band my pants. A grubby little hand with a fist full of dirt to be exact. In my pants. And then he let go of his fist full of dirt.


It took a moment to register. And that's when the fairy tale ended.




No comments:

Post a Comment