Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Visit to La-La Land

Kendri likes to ramble on about things. I tend to tune her out once in awhile. (I know. One day I will regret that I didn't give my full attention to her nonsensical quizzes.) Anyway, this particular time I was driving and she was going on, and on........and on. About........something. I vaguely recall the alphabet was involved and I was quizzing her on the sounds they make. Ryan called. I got distracted. I think I put a letter out of alphabetical order. And then I went back to get the "W" I had left behind. Meanwhile, Kendri had finished the last few on her own (not in order) and I was trying to get her back on track.

Me: "Kendri, what sound does the "W" make?"

Kendri: "MOMMY. I already did that one."

Me: "No. You did "V". We got out of order."

This converstation goes back and forth like this for about a minute. With me trying to explain how we got off track and Kendri arguing with me. I try different tactic and attempt to change the conversation completely but Kendri will NOT let it drop. So finally I say,

"Kendri. What do you want me to say?"

She is in the back of the car huffing and puffing like this is the biggest deal of the century. And then she answers,

"Mommy. You are, (insert irritated grunt) like, in.........(here she pauses as she searches for the worst possible thing she can say without getting into trouble. And she finally settles on....)

LA- LA LAND!"

What? Me. In La-la land? Well, if I was there I don't know why I ever came back ;)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. That's what the coaches said to me tonight after I officiated their game....(ok, not really!)

    ReplyDelete