Sunday, March 14, 2010

Snowboarding

Ryan and I managed to sneak in snowboarding trip last weekend. We went to Dodge Ridge. We hadn't been there before but it is fairly close to our house (less than an hour and a half). We went for Ryan's birthday. We got lucky because it snowed two days before we went and seeing as it's March we decided we were really lucky. Because of the big day we got our snowboards waxed and ready to go. I'm sure the guy waxing them thought we must be crazy to be waxing them in March. It's probably something that people do in October. Oh well. Want to know how long it's been since I've been on the mountain? I figured it out and it's actually really sad. I've only been snowboarding twice in 7 years! Ryan and I used to be avid boarders when we lived in Utah. And then the kids started comin'! And for the last 7 winters I've either been pregnant or nursing an infant.....man, that really has been a long time! At any rate I was a little out of practice and with my newly waxed board (aka fast and dangerous board) I was feeling a little rusty.
But overall we had a great day. Ryan's parents watched the kids for us (thanks Gammi and Pa!) and it was nice to have a day by ourselves.

So here's to birthdays and boarding......Happy Birthday Ryan!

2 comments:

  1. You're better than me! I just went skiing for the first time since we got married! You look fabulous by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have either been pregnant or we were living in FL during winter. I have only been once in about 5 years, sure was fun when we did get a chance to go. Happy Birthday to Ryan

    ReplyDelete