Wednesday, March 31, 2010

NewportTrip

Ryan and I just got back from a trip to Newport Beach......I know, I'd hate me too. We went to my friend Amanda's wedding. Amanda was one of my roommates at BYU. So anyway, here's a picture of Amanda and Luke in front of the Newport Temple.Lots of old friends showed up for the big event. Here we all are (Meghan, me, Jamie, Amanda, Britney, Lisa, Amber, and Jayna) Great to see all you, gals!

Amanda designed her dress, by the way, and I must say it was fabulous!


So are you wondering where the kids are?? Well, Ryan and I decided to make it a quick get-a-way for us.

Translation: We left the kids with Aunt Jenni! Thanks again!

See? There we are on the beach. Without kids. Such a novelty. (And if you look close, you can see my arms in Ryan's sunglasses. That's cool too. :)
Here we are at the reception. Ryan missed his babies. Can you tell? This little sweetheart named Avery belonged to Britney, another roomate from college. She loved my necklace so I loaned it to Ryan :) I believe we termed it "Nanny on a Necklace." Seriously. She L-O-V-E-D it.


So, Ryan and I used priceline to get our hotel accomodations. And what accomodations they were! I said I wanted a 3 star room for fifty bucks a night and they gave me a 4-star hotel. We stayed at the Regency Hyatt. Whoo hooo! So here's what the conversation was like between me and Ryan when we arrived. Keep in mind we had just spent the last 7 hours in the car. And two of those hours were getting through LA. Blah.

Me: Oh wow. We got a nice place. Way to go Priceline!


Ryan: This is NOT our hotel.


Me: (Looking at the directions. Seeing the address.) Yes, it is. There are not two Hyatt's next door to each other.

Ryan: We did not get this for fifty bucks. (He drives past the front doors of the hotel. For the second time.)


Me: (Trying to stay patient. It is the "second honeymoon" after all.) Well, this is where our directions took us. (Duh.)


Ryan: There are Bentley's parked here. (So what?) Look, now there's Beyonce getting out of her car! (It wasn't.)


Me: Ryan. This is the address they gave me. Stop the car.

Finally he rolled down the window and verified the address with the valet. As if we needed to. So we finally got checked in. Anyway, we went and ate dinner then did a little shopping at the Spectrum which is a huge outdoor mall. I met up with Amanda and the rest of my friends/roomates for a little get together before the wedding. We had a blast!
Just wish it could've lasted longer!



2 comments:

  1. How fun!!! Wish I could have gone...you all look gorgeous! Hooray for get-a-ways without kids!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting pictures of Amanda's wedding! I was really hoping someone would. It looks like so much fun. I wish I could have gone. She looked so beautiful. You all look great. :)

    ReplyDelete