Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween





Okay, so here we are with our "newest addition". Unfortunately, it was 3 weeks premature. By that I mean we had some nosey neighbor messing with our pumpkin. I came outside one day and noticed the pumpkin looked weird. I went over to check it out and saw that someone had picked the pumpkin and turned it over. We were a little disappointed because the stem was still green and it could've gotten much bigger. When Ryan carved it, there were still green seeds inside. Obviously, it was not ready to pick. But even with our little "helper", Ryan's baby weighed in at 73 pounds! Not too shabby for a premie. For those of you wondering, it took about an hour and a half to two hours to gut and carve. The shell was very thick (1-2 inches) but because it wasn't completely ripe it cut through pretty easily. We had a great time showing it off and Ryan won a prize at the ward halloween party. Whooo hoooo!

Speaking of which, here we are with 2 cinderellas, one prince charming, a fairy godmother and a pumpkin. Bippity-boppity boo! (Okay, I know my costume really doesn't look like the fairy godmother but I just worked with what I had. I didn't even have wand. We used to have, like, 3 lying around the house. But the one night I needed one I couldn't find any. I ended up using a twirling baton. You can't see it in the picture, but I also wore a sign that said "bippity boppity boo". You know, to avoid any confusion. Since my wand is actually a baton. But at least it sparkled :)

And next we have Prince Charming with his two little Cinderellas. By the way, Ryan did NOT want to be Prince Charming. He had visions of 4 Ninja Turtles and a little baby Splinter. Too bad for him. It really got him mad when his friend got to be Luke Skywalker. Their baby is 3 month's older than Kyson and he was Yoda. Totally cute. I told Ryan we could change our theme at any time but he would have to explain to his little princesses why he didn't want to be their prince ;). Problem solved!


These are some pictures from the pumpkin patch that Lexi's kindergarten class went on. I tagged along and brought Kyson and Kendri. This is Kendri and Lexi riding on the tractor that took them to the pumpkin patch to find their pumpkins. And then we have a hay maze and a little scarecrow. We had a good time!

3 comments:

  1. Cute curls -Abby and Brooklyn loved their curls as well (actually right after we took the curlers out Abby's comment was something about looking like the 3 Stooges - you know, Larry with red, curly hair. The sad thing was that I really couldn't argue! But thanks to a blow dryer and a few hours of running around they looked fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, such cute pics!!! ANd PS--I LOVE your hair! SO cute! We need to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a good sport ryan was to even dress up! his pumpkin looked pretty cool too. go ryan

    ReplyDelete