Sunday, October 18, 2009

All grown up....

Today we were driving back from Angel's Camp when Lexi said,

"Mom, I can't wait to see Dad."

And that's it! Notice anything??? Well, for those of you who can't see what's wrong here I will point it out to you. My name is and has always been "Mommy." And then Lexi just throws "Mom" out there like it's no big deal. And "Dad". That was a new one too. So then Kendri notices this new name thing so she repeats it and has this smile on her face (you know, sort of like she's being naughty but she's not sure.)

So then I say, "Lexi why did you call me "mom" instead of "mommy"?

(By the way, I say this all nonchalant because I'm practicing for when I actually have teenagers instead of just toddlers who think they are teenagers.)

Her answer, "Oh, I just wanted to say it like that." But I could read between the lines. And what she really was saying was, "I'm totally big now that I'm in kindergarten and saying Mommy is kind of a baby thing to say." Sniff, sniff. Maybe she'll forget by tomorrow....

2 comments:

  1. I totally remember when Caden started calling me mom instead of mama--made me sad! Austin has refused to call me anythng but mom since he was like 1 1/2...what the heck? =) Way to take it in stride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your kids are so cute! I do not look forward to the day Jackie calls me mom, i enjoy being mama!

    ReplyDelete