Sunday, July 13, 2014

Tahoe Retreat

There are sometimes perks that come along with Ryan's job.  For instance, the time we got an all expense paid trip to Lake Tahoe for the weekend........  ;)  I know. I'm jealous of myself.

We went up Friday afternoon and got there just in time to freshen up and head out to an expensive restaurant with the rest of the group.  (I'm having a brain freeze or I would tell you the name of the restaurant.)  All I know is I had food for three hours straight people.  Three hours straight.  Appetizers galore, salad, entree, and dessert.  Have you ever had grilled watermelon?  Well you should try it.

After that it was almost midnight so it was back to the hotel to sleep off the food.  We got up the next morning and decided to go for a hike.  It was beautiful as expected.  At noon, we headed back to the hotel because Ryan was going golfing on the super nice and super expensive course that is up there.  I, on the other hand, had the the afternoon to myself.  So I read my book and walked around all the little shops. And I found myself some super cute sunglasses.  Which I didn't buy because apparently sunglasses don't fall under "all inclusive."

After Ryan got back from golfing, it was back to another awesome restaurant that overlooked the lake.  It was beautiful and delicious and fun to watch the big boats on the lake.  We had a great weekend!  Thanks Aunt Liz for watching the kids!



No comments:

Post a Comment