Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Officially Moved In


We are officially moved in!  It has been quite the chore to get things organized around here but I feel like we are pretty much done.  We got the big yard sale done a couple of weeks ago and just yesterday we took advantage of the holiday (Labor Day) and finally got the stuff in the attic where it belongs and put stuff in the shed and rearranged the garage so you don't trip over everything the minute you open the door.  Ahh. It feels nice!

The move has been an adjustment for everyone but especially the kids.  They miss their friends.  Kyson took a day and wrote postcards to all of his friends.  He was very insistent about what I write down for him.  Lexi went through a few weeks where she talked on the phone everyday with her friends from Valley Springs. I guess talking on the phone was almost like having a playdate?  We took them up there for a weekend so they could see everyone in our old neighborhood and at church.  I think it helped. I am hoping that in a few months they will be happy here and will have made some good friends.

On a positive note, we have had some visitors!  My parents were able to come out and see us for about a week.  But that deserves another post because we certainly had fun!  You'll have to wait and until I can upload those pictures......until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment