Monday, January 28, 2013

Hit and Miss

I have not been blogging for awhile.  It is time consuming but I am always happy when I've done it.  I have been experiencing problems with blogger (big surprise!) for the last few weeks, but it seems to have remedied itself so it is time to do a little catch up!  This post is called hit and miss because I plan on hitting a few things we've been up to but missing alot!  (I know.  It's heart-breaking for me too.)


We have been sewing.  The girls got American Girl Dolls for Christmas and obviously a doll is no fun if you can't change her clothes.  So here are some pj's.  The goal is to start teaching Lexi and Kendri a few of the basics in sewing.  Kendri helped me make these and even sewed the buttons on!


Shayli loves her sisters.  She cuddles right up with them (when she's in the mood, that is!)


Kyson had his first ski lesson last week.  He did awesome and the ski instructor informed Ryan that he was fearless.  As if we didn't already know that!


I have started numerous projects.  This is one of them.  We are refinishing this dresser so Kyson and Shayli can have some more space!  It's sanded and waiting to be primed.  I got distracted refinishing a different piece of furniture....a sewing table!  I inherited it from a nice man in our ward. It's rather large and 1970's looking.  Therefore it is receiving a make-over.  Because if it's not cute, it can't come in my house.  Too bad so sad.  I have high expectations for my make-over.  Keep your fingers crossed!


Along with my sewing table, I got lots of sewing accessories.  See?  But the most exciting thing is, I now have a Pfaff sewing machine and a serger!  Talk about score!  Actually, I had no idea what Pfaff was.  I was told by a seamstress that Pfaff is one of the few top of the line sewing brands.  Well la-di-da.  If nothing else, it will guilt me into learning more about sewing.  Sometimes you just need someone to nudge you along.  Or in my case, give you a bunch of expensive equipment and say "Sew!"  And sew I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment