Friday, November 2, 2012

Happy Halloween!

We made it through another year of pillage and plunder.  And if you live in my neighborhood, you know what I am talking about.
 
 
Our neighborhood is the go-to neighborhood for trick or treating.  I'm talking all Valley Springs.  The streets look like Disneyland during spring break.  I'm not joking people.  I only wish I'd taken a picture of the chaos.  Next year.  Anyhoo, I only captured a few pictures this year.  The one above I took right before we headed out to trick or treat.  I had just handed out candy to a mob of children and was attempting to keep the rest at bay while a I forged ahead to get a picture.  Just one.  That's all  I wanted.
As you can see, we have a Giants fan (Ryan), a little octupus (Shayli), a vampire (Lexi), a witch (Kendri), and ninja (Kyson).
Kyson was a pirate for two Halloween pictures and decided he'd had enough.  So he put on a ninja costume he already had.  :)
 
 The jack o'lanterns.  Spooky!


And here is the whole family at a friend's Halloween party.  I really wanted to do a deep sea theme.  Lexi and Kendri were supposed to be mermaids.  They rebelled. And FYI, my sign does not just say "booty."  I did not go as a butt.  I went as the treasure chest for the pirates.  You can't really tell from the crummy picture, but I was drenched in all my very expensive jewels. My sign actually says Pirate's Booty. 

We had a house up the street do a haunted house this year.  It was a fundraiser for the boys soccer team.  Our kids begged us to take them.  Even after some of their friends came out and said how scary it was.  I went home with Shayli and Ryan took the rest of the kids to get their Haunted House tickets.  Hahahahaha.  They went through the front door, Lexi and Kyson's eyes went as big as saucers and Kendri started crying.  They turned around and left as the chain saw started up.  Apparently, they thought "scary" meant Harry Potter scary.  Oh well.  Luckily there were no nightmares at our house that night!  They only saw about 5 seconds of it.  I guess it was meant for older children. :)

And just to make husband happy, here's my shout-out to the World Series Champs.  I am not a bandwagon fan.  In fact, I am not a fan.  But in honor of Halloween and the coincidental colors of the Giants, I pulled out my Christmas present from about 3 years ago.  It's seen the light of day only a handful of times.  Generally, at Halloween. :)  Go Giants!

1 comment:

  1. the new picture looks cute at the top of your blog! loved the snow pics and halloween costumes. i considered pulling out my 3 year old fear the beard shirt...

    ReplyDelete