Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thirty-something

Is anyone else sick of coming to my blog and seeing Tahoe still splashed all over??? No need to fear.  I'm back and catching up. 

First thing's first.  I had a b-day.  Happy birthday to me!  I turned 33.  The end.  Oh wait.  It's not the end.  My husband thought I was 34.  Puh-lease.  Could I look this gooood at 34?  :)

Anyway, I got lots of phone calls from family and lots of facebook wishes.  I made myself a birthday cake, Tres Leches, and it was delicious!  (Don't feel sorry for me because I make my own cake.  I actually prefer it that way.  I'm not a big fan of the store bought cake. Trust me.  It's just easier.)  I refused to make dinner so I took myself and my kids out to Subway.  Ryan missed out.....he had to work late.  Boo!  Overall, being 33 ain't too bad. (Other than a few more wrinkles and few less eyelashes, that is.)

So, what have I been doing with my old self?  I decided to try a new recipe.  It's a caramel and marshmallow delight!  It turned out delicious and I'm thinking of tweaking the caramel recipe to make it a little softer.

 
But then Ryan told me he'd read an article on the internet.  Something about sugar causing wrinkles. Blah, blah, blah.  And then I remembered my new 33 year old wrinkles which were probably there 5 years ago but I'm just now noticing them. (Just play along, please.) And all of a sudden I have to rethink my lifestyle.  (I'm talking about the lifestyle where I like to eat sugar because it's fun. And yummy.) 
 
Sigh.
 
 I take it all back.  Thirty-three isn't the easy street I thought it was.  Thirty-three is full of heartbreak and harsh self-introspection. 
 
Alas.  I will survive.  To make myself feel better, I'll talk about Black Friday.  Which always gives me goose bumps.  I am not a die-hard Black Friday shopper, but I do feel the need to join in.  My friend and I started at 5:30 am and shopped until around 4:00 pm.  The beauty of starting early in the morning is the fact that all those other crazies have dropped dead in their beds by then and I am left with empty stores and great deals.  Still.  Which is exactly what happened.  And I managed to get everything on my list - and then some.  (Don't judge. You have to pick a little something up for yourself.  I like to think of it as me paying myself for my hard work and good taste. ;)  And if we want to really be honest, I gave it all to Ryan to wrap up for me and stick under the tree.  But I may or may not have snuck up to the attic, where Christmas and all it's glory is hiding, to "borrow" a few things. Oops.) 
 
Hope November was as good to as it was to me!
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Skip's always telling me sugar causes wrinkles...and I think he may be right. However, that has not deterred me from consuming holiday candy at a rapid rate.

    ReplyDelete