Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Someone Turned 1!


Can you guess who? Yep, Shayli.


Shayli insisted on butterflies this year. I had to comply. ;)
Actually, I just needed an excuse to try a recipe I had been eyeing on Pinterest for awhile....4 layer with strawberries, cream cheese and whipped cream.  Just to give you a taste.


I wish I could say the day was full of bliss and joy.....it wasn't.  Shayli was in rare form.


But we managed to push through the celebration!  I'm sure in a few years I'll just look at the pictures and forget all the crying and orneryness. 


She liked her cake!

At one year Shayli is:

taking steps but not ready to forsake her bear crawl
she says "mama" and "dada" and according to some accounts "Kyson". :)
she means business when she eats - she eats quite a bit!
she is not too picky when it comes to food (which is a huge relief! Kyson is still picky)
she thinks she can do anything she wants
wakes up 3-5 times a night (Wha-a-a-t?!? I'm sleep deprived and cranky on a consistent basis)
still nurses at night (but I refuse to do it as often as she wakes up)
goes up and down the stairs like a pro (has been for about 5 months)
realizes she can make a scream...and it echoes in church!
has a definite opinion
loves to crawl in my bed and cuddle for a few minutes in the morning
loves strawberries, watermelon, and grapes
climbs through our big play structure and slides down the slide (nobody has any business doing that until 3.  She doesn't listen to my opinion on the matter)
takes 2 good, solid naps
loves to start dancing anytime she hears music or someone singing
still has no teeth.

We love our little Shayli! Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment