Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy 8th Birthday Lexi!

Lexi requested a TMNT for her birthday this year......a little weird I know. She used to love them but I sort of thought that phase was over. But her teacher, Ms. K, apparently told Lexi she had a turtle cake pan. So, of course, Lexi decided she HAD to borrow it! I remember making a TMNT cake for my little brother, Travis, back in the day. I can't remember how old he was turning but I do remember Amber and I drawing out a turtle face on the cake with a toothpick. It was not nearly as elaborate as this one (Sorry Trav!).
Lexi invited her friend, Paytin, down for a dinner of chicken nuggets and cake. Pretty low-key. The real party happened this past weekend when we had lots of company for Lexi's baptism! More on that later.
Lexi got pegs for her bike. Now she can haul her friends around with her. Although I think she might start re-thinking that.....it's alot of work when you're the smallest of your friends! She also got new blue scriptures with a cute scripture tote bag. We had her name engraved. It was supposed to be a surprise because she already knew about the scriptures and tote (she picked them out). However, she walked in on me while I was making the phone call and heard all about it. She came around the corner as I was hanging the phone up with a HUGE grin and nearly gasping with excitement, "I get my name on my scriptures???"
As an 8 year old, Lexi is a big help around the house. She's always helping with Shayli and loves to carry her around with her. She has started to clean the bathroom EVERY Saturday as a chore and she helps keep the rest of the house picked up - sometimes. ;) She likes her hair short. She is an awesome reader and loves to play school with her friends and siblings. She loves to sing and is always singing along (full blast!) with the music in the car. I think her true calling in life is to either sing or dance. Unfortunately, she did not get blessed in either of those areas. :) But she still loves to do it! We love you, Lexi!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Lexi! We can't wait to see you in a few months!

    ReplyDelete