Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Nitty-Gritty

Here's a quick run-down of the happenin's around here.

1. Lexi has an abcessed tooth. I know. I can't believe it either. The hours spent brushing, flossing, and rinsing apparently have no bearing on her poor little teeth. Our preventative check-ups every 6 months didn't alert us to it either. So we are now at 5 cavities and an abcessed tooth at the ripe old age of 7. I blame Ryan. My teeth are stellar.

2. Kyson continues to throw things over the fence into our neighbors yard.....or more accurately, his storage unit which is The-Great-Abyss-Of-Junk and nearly impossible to retrieve anything without taking 5 hours and 50 million ingenious methods of retrieval. The latest victims include (but are not limited to)


Lexi's church shoes
Kendri's flip flops
Kendri's zooble toy
Countless balls
Kyson's used swim diaper



Talk about pleasant surprises! ;) Luckily for us, our neighbor is very patient about it. Even with all of my attempts at keeping toys away from Kyson in the backyard he still manages to launch something over. Blast his baseball skills!


3. Kendri is registered and signed up for Kindergarten! She is pretty excited and goes in this week for her Kinder assessment.


I just found out they are changing back to half day kindergarten......uh, excuse me? I had a whole plan thought out for the next school year. Most of which included letting my kids ride the bus home from school so I wouldn't have to work around nap time, fight the terrible parking, the overcrowded cafeteria, and the hauling of an infant car seat and the dragging of a toddler intent on running away from me at any sign of weakness. I was actually counting down the number of days that I had left of going to the elementary school for pick-up.



Anyhoo, I found this out and realized I would be making an extra trip to the school. Oh well, I thought. I'll sign up for afternoon kindergarten and I'll still have them ride the bus home together. And then I found out they are going to start charging to ride the bus. Around $180. Per child. Which in essence means I will still be going to the school. Not once. Not twice. But THREE times a day. I am so depressed about it that I have to stop thinking about it.


4. I went through the 0-12 month baby clothes and have started to sort and wash the nessecities. A big project to say the least, but so many cute things! We have been very lucky to have recieved so many hand-me downs from Ryan's sister. (Thanks Jenni! You're the best!)


5. I have a huge to-do list that is supposed to be finished before our new arrival. We've been chipping away at it for the last few months but still have a lot to do. Some major things include:


Washing the windows
Cleaning the carpets
Putting new bark in the backyard
Getting the broken window fixed
Organizing Kyson's room to fit a new occupant
Cleaning out the linen closet
Getting my son potty-trained

(Grrrr. We have been working on this for awhile and I believe we have hit a plateau. One that has lasted a few months. But I'll keep trying! I am totally against having two kids in diapers at the same time. But we may have to do that for awhile. We'll see.)


And a million tiny things that I am sure I am forgetting. But it keeps me busy and busy means fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment