Tuesday, March 8, 2011

And The Verdict Is.......

We went to have the big ultrasound last Monday. Everyone was very excited. Lexi and Kendri had talked about this appointment for at least a month. I had talked it up telling them how awesome it would be to see the baby in 3-D and all the fun things they would get to see. Well. The appointment was still fun but I will say it was slightly disappointing. And not due to the gender. I call this baby my "lazy baby". There just isn't as much activity going on as there was with my other babies. And possibly I am forgetting. But I don't think so. Anyway, the baby is very low in my pelvis. So low that the ultrasound tech couldn't get any measurements until she had laid the bed down at an incline so my head was lower than my feet. Rather uncomfortable even without a baby nesting inside you. And then she couldn't get the head measurement until she repeatedly shoved on the baby in an upward motion. On my full bladder. She finally got the measurements she needed. So we called the rest of the family in for the big reveal.

But the baby's back was to us and it wasn't moving. With a little more prodding we finally saw the defining aspects to our little baby but the umbilical cord was right there so we couldn't say what we saw. After about 4 different glimpses (each on less certain than the last) the umbilical cord finally moved and we could "safely" say it was a girl! Unfortunately, we didn't get to see her in 3-D because of how she was positioned. We also never got a good profile shot. What a little stink! With Kyson, we had a full face shot. It was amazing. I thought he looked just like Ryan when I saw him. He wasn't camera shy at all. But I guess that's just the way it is! We are excited about our newest little girl coming and Lexi and Kendri are convinced that she should be in their room. Too bad there isn't any room in there for another girl.....I think it would so fun to have a huge girly room that they could all share. You know. Like the ones in Pottery Barn............

2 comments:

  1. We all love girls, but three girls to one room may be asking for trouble. Think back to our youth ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, you make cute girls. :) congratulations!!! maybe she'll be ready for her close up next time.

    j

    ReplyDelete