Thursday, December 15, 2011

Shayli is 5 Months

It's really hard to get any pictures of Shayli smiling. Remember my beef about it when we were doing the ultra-sound? When we couldn't get any good head shots? Well, nothing has changed. Every time I get the camera out, she starts to glare at me and get fussy. This is the closest thing to smiling I've got of her. But we'll take it!

Shayli turned 5 months today.....it's hard to believe less than 6 months ago I was waddling around trying to imagine what our new little baby would bring! I feel like Shayli has been a part of our family for much longer than 5 months. In fact, I can hardly remember life without her (or maybe that's just sleep deprivation)! I must say, she is the best snuggler around. She likes to be held facing toward me which is opposite of all my other kids. She buries her little face in my neck and nuzzles me. It is her favorite way to fall asleep. I love giving her kisses on her little lips. It's so hard to resist when my nose fits perfectly above her little nose. It's obvious we were made for each other! :)
And on to some stats......She gets up 1-2 times a night. We are NOT on a good napping schedule. Every time she falls asleep it's time to load up in the car. She's rolling over like a champ and is starting to end up in different places than where I put her. She's scoots a little bit and the kids are having a good time helping her practice sitting up. Overall, she's growing and developing her own personality. She weighed in at a whopping 12 lbs 8 oz (25 percentile) at her 4 month well-child appointment. And she was 25 inches long (75th percentile). She's been such a joy to our little family!

1 comment:

  1. She is so cute. Love the family photo too, beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete