Thursday, December 10, 2009

Snow Day!

We had our first snow of the year this week! (make that the first snow EVER. Well, since we've lived here anyway. Unless you count the fat slushy things that fell from the sky one year. We called it "snow" that year, too, but now since I know Valley Springs is capable of real snow I can't count it.)

And because it was "blizzard" conditions, they had to cancel school. That's right. It was the only safe thing to do. We used our snow day. I'm not going to judge. Because growing up in Colorado and then living in Utah for 7 years doesn't make it fair for me to judge the California perception of snow. (By the way, I hear it's the same way in Seattle when they get snow. The city shuts down. ) But what I will say is, I think I like it! We had a great snow day! And when we built a snowman, the snow was gone. Used it all up for one snowman. But the girls loved it. After all, I had just told them that they should "stop asking me when it is going to snow because how many times do I have to tell you that we don't live in a place where it snows. Because that will just never happen in Valley Springs. Ever." They like it when I'm wrong. So, here's our front yard.
We didn't really build this snowman. Our snowman was only a foot tall. Some of our neighbors built it and we took a picture by it. See what I mean about the snowman using up all the snow?:)Lexi playing in the snow. And yes, those are rainboots.
Kendri playing in the backyard.

Well, the snow lasted for a day and a half. But that's a day and a half more than we thought! And now we can say we had snow for Christmas (almost)!

2 comments:

  1. I can't get over how much it dumped up there! My parents got 6 inches alone!!! Enjoy the break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in Virginia everything shuts down if they even predict snow. Saturday we had our first "snow." The area where our church is got about 2-3 inches. Because of that we ended up having late church, and only having Sacrament Meeting on Sunday. I thought it was hilarious. :) Since I grew up in upstate New York where it snowed all the time, and we never had snow days, I can't help but laugh a little.

    ReplyDelete