Sunday, July 5, 2009

Oh, how we love the ocean.....

We are back from our vacation down at Newport Beach, and boy did we love it! We left early Saturday morning (last Saturday that is) and got there at about 4:30 in the afternoon. Mapquest told us that it should only take 6 1/2 hours from our house. It actually took us a little over 8 hours. I blame Kyson. He decided he was not excited about our little road trip. We had to stop a few times and let him play and look around before we buckled him back up in that awful carseat. (I really don't think carseats are awful but I think Kyson might...) Right when we got there we headed to Costco because Ryan and I were in charge of the meals for Sunday. (Did I mention it was a Reese Family Reunion? Well, it was and there were lots of people. Everyone was in charge of food for the whole group for a day.) Anyhoo, we made sandwiches and spaghetti. From scratch. Okay, I didn't really make the spaghetti sauce from scratch but I told everyone I did. (Prego, really pulled through for us :) Just kidding.
So, really all that was on the agenda was relaxing on the beach. I did manage to get together with two old roomates. We had a good time having a mini barbeque and swimming party. Thanks, Amber!
Lexi and Kendri loved the sand. They played in it most of the time. In fact, they played in it so much that Kendri blistered her feet. Yes, the sand was hot. She told us her toes were hurting one night as she gimped around on her heels. When I took a peek I saw that she had blistered every single one of her little toes. But she was a trooper and only mentioned it a couple of times that night and then she was back in the sand in the morning! What else did we do? We saw dolphins twice. Very cool no matter how many times you see them. We boogie boarded, played frisbee, made sand sculptures that were unidentifiable, and soaked up the rays! Oh, and Ryan and I took a cruise on the boardwalk on a bicycle built for two. See?

FYI, we did not ride on the sand even though this picture leads you to believe that we did. We did have a picture taken of us on the boardwalk. However, the man who took it turned it into a head shot. Totally defeated the point of having a picture taken on a tandem bike. I graciously let Ryan "drive" the bike even though I secretly questioned his qualifications for it. I mean, he did back into someone on our way down there not to mention that I have several years of experience behind me as a self-proclaimed "tandem bike chauffer". Amber and I used to have one. P.S. Can someone ask Uncle Brad where that is? And, here you have a couple of cute pictures of my little beach bums...


So, there you have it. We had a good 4th of July, but that will have to be for another day because this beach bum is pooped and in desperate need of some sleep!



No comments:

Post a Comment