Sunday, February 12, 2017

A Little Joke for a Picky Eater

Dexton is starting to be a picky eater.  And I don't like it. Not one little bit. 

We were at potluck this week and I really wanted him to eat some dinner.  He refused.  I tried to get him to eat several different things and he would not try anything.  ANYTHING.  So dinner got over and guess what he wanted? Ice cream. And guess who gave it to him? Not me.  But someone did.  And of course he gobbled it up because he was starving.  And then he wanted more. 

At this point an idea was born.  Mashed potatoes look like vanilla ice cream.  Surely he will love mashed potatoes if just tries a bite.....And I know I can get him try a bite if he thinks he's eating something entirely different. 

Thus mashed potatoes magically appeared on his plate.  Topped with whipped cream.;)  Clearly it didn't go over well. And I can't imagine whyevernot.....

Although he didn't come around to the mashed potatoes, there was a little part of me that relished in a bit of paybacks. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment