Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Solar Eclipse

The solar eclipse is happening!! I decided that watching a solar eclipse is legit education so I took my kids out of school for an hour so we could have first hand experience.  (We drilled it into Dexton's brain that he could not look at the sun or he would go blind.  But he really wanted to look so we told him to cover his eyes.  And shockingly enough, he listened.)


I did not have any special glasses for the viewing but thankfully we had friends who had prepared.  They were happy to share.  We went to the Maxfield's to watch the sun get covered by the moon.


The whole day was a little hazy and cooler and the temperature dropped even more when it was at the peak for our area. There were tons of half-moon shadows everywhere, It was fascinating to watch.





I was little jealous of my Wyoming family who got to experience the eclipse at 100%.  But it was cool to see all of their posts about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment