Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Furniture Make-overs

As most of you know, I've been slaving away on some furniture that I was given about 2 months ago.  I am happy to say that I have officially finished! They are completely over the top and I love them.  But, whew.  There was a time I thought about laying down with the paint fumes and calling it good.  Just kidding.  Sort of.  Anyway here are some of the befores and afters.
 

This is a sewing table.  It holds a sewing machine and a serger.  I don't have a picture of the table before I painted it black.  Just imagine something brown from the 1960's.  It was rather...uh... "antique" looking.  And not in the good way.



You'll have to turn your necks on this one. Sorry, I didn't realize it was turned but I'm too lazy to re-upload!  There were many ideas that I had before I settled on this one.  And let me tell you, there was plenty of trial and error with the whole stenciling part.  It looks so easy when demonstrated online with professionals.  Don't be fooled!  Ryan finally got it to work. What a man. ;)


I couldn't leave any corner untouched.  I modpodged the inside of the drawers and love it!


Here's a good shot of the top of the table.


This is the thread cabinet that goes with it.  I had a lot of fun doing it but am definitely happy to put the paint brushes away!  I also did a dresser and my piano at the same time.  What kind of crazy person decides to make-over 4 pieces of furniture at the same time???  Me so crazy. (Think cookie monster).  I haven't been able to get a good picture of the piano but I'll upload one soon.  I know you are dying to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment