Monday, September 10, 2012

Discovery Museum

 

We also went to the Children's Discovery Museum at the Gateway Mall while on our trip to Utah.  This is where we discovered tons of fun!


This helicopter had an intercom system hooked up in the cock pit.  It blared out over the patio.  Kendri got on it and said, "And the bad news is.......we're coming in for a CRASH landing!"  I dare say she threw the children into a panic....Talk about dramatic. :)
 
I tried to get a picture of all the kids in the barn area.  Shayli was on her way to the horse, she just didn't make it for this particular picture!
 
 
Kyson and Pa had a good time building the tallest magnet tower EVER.  I won't mention how many times it came crashing down before it managed to stand for a little while.....In fact, I thought we might get tossed out after some of the magnets narrowly missed some other guests. Who were sitting 20 feet away.  Oops. :)

 
And of course the news room was  a great place to give the latest updates on everything....
 

.......including the weather.


Uncle Philip helping Kyson build a magnetic track.

 
And finally, the super market. Kyson played cashier while the girls manned the bakery.
 
 
 There was actually a lot more that we did but I figured you've suffered through enough!    My cousin Laney just happened to be getting married the same weekend we were in Utah.  Lucky coincidence!  I was able to see my family at the same time. 


 Okay.  I lied.  Just a few more pictures. (What? I need to document it for posterity's sake....)

 
Shayli spent much of her time at this water table.  What 1 year-old doesn't love to splash around?
 
 
And this is how I spent my time on the way home.  Shayli needed mommy to keep her company.  And she didn't feel the need to be gentle with me.  I could only tolerate the hair pulling and lip yanking for so long.  I eventually went back to the front and little Miss Shayli had to work it out on her own. Too bad, so sad!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment