Monday, September 19, 2011

Lots of Love

Do you think we love our new baby?














Well, we do. Shayli has been showered with love for her first two months of life. She has been sleeping in a cradle by my side at night and we just started putting her in her bedroom this past week. Milestone. I was so anxious to get Kendri and Kyson in their own rooms. Mainly because I didn't sleep well with all the snorting, grunting and flailing that they did. But Shayli is pretty quiet.












And I have a secret.






I bring her back to bed with me in the wee morning hours. I pretend it's because Kyson will wake up and climb in her crib with her. But really it's because I like to listen to her quiet breathing next to me. Without fail, she'll reach out her little hand and lay it on my arm and her squirming will stop. And I'll breathe her in. Then we'll both fall asleep. Warm and toasty and snuggly. I like to think it's because, for now at least, I am her world. And I love it!

1 comment: