Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dare I Say It?

Kyson (drum-roll please) is potty-trained! Woot, woot! I would be lying if I said it was easy and quick. It wasn't. I thought we may be turned down at kindergarten time due to "lack of maturity." Thankfully, we will be allowed to enroll him when the time comes ;)

Surprisingly, Kyson turned the corner right after Shayli was born. I guess he decided he wasn't the baby anymore! And the final leap of actually using the potty at the correct time happened after I meanly "grounded" him for pooping in his underwear for the umpteenth time. He wasn't allowed to have playdates or eat anything yummy (cookies, candy, ice cream, popscicles, etc.) If you know Kyson, you know this is akin to chopping off a toe. But he made it through 2 days and the next time he had to poop, it happened in the right place! And we haven't had a problem since. Way to go, Kyson!

No comments:

Post a Comment