Monday, November 8, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

We took Kendri's preschool to the pumpkin patch last month. Kyson got to go along by default. Poor Lexi was bummed because her class didn't go this year. We had planned on going as a family but it was raining the day we could go. Oh well. But we did bring her home one of these cute little fudge ice cream cones. That seemed to keep her happy! Yummy!


So here we are at the mini petting zoo.


Want to know what Kyson is doing? He is trying to "giddy-up" the little billy goat. I was slightly shocked we made it through without Kyson getting butted by a pair of little horns. Some of the goats were not so patient! But then can you really blame them? I mean, what would you do if a pair of grimy hands had a death grip on your horn and was shaking it?



Kendri had a good time climbing on the tree. It was pretty cool with the huge limb so low to the ground.




They both made it up the haystack castle. Luckily no one fell off. (I did go up and supervise.)


Kendri likes to pose for the camera. Kyson on the other hand does not. See how Kendri's hand is positioned? She was trying to force him to look at the camera. You can see how well that method worked. I have a million pictures of the back of Kyson's head. Such a little stinker. Must take after his father ;)





Does this remind anyone else of "Lord of the Flies?" I think he totally looks like a little warrior. This was actually the very first thing we did. Kyson immediately found the mud hole. And stayed there.




There were a quite a few classes at Fog Willow the same day as us. Kyson was the only one jumping in the mud. Granted, I'm sure every other mother probably threatened their children with death if they got near the puddles. Not me. I went prepared for mud. I knew it would just turn into a miserable day if I was fighting him the whole time. So I just accepted the fact that I would be toting around a muddy child and we all had a great time! And I must say, he was the life of the party. Everyone loved watching him. (Most likely because they knew they wouldn't have to clean him up.) He'd run through the puddle. And then he'd run back. Then he'd jump the whole way across (splashing anyone within 10 feet, mind you) and then he'd splash back. So in the end, Kyson wore mud all day.

And I rocked my paint clothes. Problem solved.


No comments:

Post a Comment